Pro-Life Action of Oregon News – 11/16/11
Red nun stalking Hollywood scandalizes Catholics . . .
The celebrity “nun” Helen Prejean just can’t say ‘no’ to her Hollywood “family.”
Actress Susan Sarandon, raised a Catholic and who shacked up with actor Tim Robbins for 21 years, invited Helen Prejean to “officiate” at Sarandon’s daughter’s wedding.
Will Hollywood ever get over ‘Dead Man Walking’? Will the idolization of a Catholic nun ever end?
- ‘The ceremony included a twist on classic vows – “We re-worked them to create something more personal,” says [bride] Amurri – and was officiated by Sister Helen Prejean, about whom the movie Dead Man Walking was made, starring Sarandon.’
- “She’s an old family friend,” says a guest. “It just made sense for them to have her do it.”
See what I mean?
Sarandon’s daughter, Eva Amurri has posed in Playboy and Maxim. She stars as a stripper in Californication.
Story in ‘People’ and Here. Los Angeles Times blog.
Sarandon is a well-known supporter of Planned Parenthood, sworn enemy of the Catholic Church and the Body of Christ. In 2008, Sarandon was an honorary chair at Planned Parenthood affiliates (p. 15).
Robbins directed Sarandon in ‘Dead Man Walking,‘ a controversial account of two death row inmates befriended by Prejean, both guilty of heinous crimes and sentenced to death. Prejean was the first female spiritual adviser of male death row inmates. Critics like myself who have done the research, conclude the book on which the film is based is a work of fiction.
The true account can be found in these books:
- Dead Family Walking: The Bourque Family Story of Dead Man Walking
- Victims of Dead Man Walking by Detective Vernardo
- Loss of Faith: the forgotten victims of Dead Man Walking
Our Recap: Catholic nun is a “family friend” with
a Playboy model
whose famous mother is
We look forward to the day when her bishop reins her in for her fame and finances. Did you know she receives royalties from her book and the film and the opera? Did you know she doesn’t have a Mother Superior? Catholics must be wondering why she is allowed so much freedom!
Fr. Frank Pavone is still in isolation for his fame and finances. At the Bishop’s conference, Rachel’s Vineyard packets were distributed to all the bishops. No mention of Fr. Frank’s great work.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on Us.
http://prolifeactionoforegon.org is our sister site.